Ask Jun Hong, he knows it all...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Marketing Strategy

Ahh yes, I've been spending almost all my afternoon trying to figure out the most effective ways of making my blog known. Like the wise old saying goes "what is a pool without its water?". Similarly, what is a blog without its readers?

And so, being a very entrepreneur-minded person, I've come up with a marketing strategy... After surveying many blogs, I noticed that many of them have links to other blogs; mostly to their friends'. It then hit me. I'm going to encourage my friends to put a link to my blog in theirs. Very smart of me, isn't it?

So to whichever of my friend who's reading this now and has a blog, feel free to link my blog to yours! I will be conducting random spot-checks on your blogs, so if you do not comply, I've got nothing to say to you. (As in really, what can I say?)

However, I'm pretty sure most will make that same request to me- asking me to link their blogs to mine. And as for the moment, I really have no intentions of doing that. But then again, I have to give a more polite answer; it would be rude if I just snapped them off, wouldn't it?

Fortunately, I'm one step ahead. I have already came up with a solution. Whenever someone asks me to put up links of their blogs here, I would simply reply,

"I'm not like you, you don't need the publicity like I do."

Ahh, the perfect win-win solution. They will then be deluded, thinking that they are indeed very popular. It's times like this when I really feel I have high IQ and EQ.

Hey wait.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh my gawd!

If I told you all that, you guys would probably know what I'm actually thinking. My friends would know that I'm just plain selfish and lazy and they would know what I said about them having high popularity is just an excuse to get away with it. Oh well, so much for having high IQ.

Maybe I'm not those entrepreneur type afterall. That's another I-think-I-can-be-a striked off the list. Guess I'm back to advertising my blog in my MSN messenger's personal message space.

Note: I made up that lame old 'pool' saying and I'm still waiting for those distraughted messages that I can reply to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home